vrijdag 2 juni 2017

30 day kit challenge! Day #11 already!?

Since coming back from Militracks, I spent most of the week after with my crutch and painkillers, then a day with 0 pain what so ever which was a bit odd (nice, but odd) and up to till today, a steady numb sensation with spikes in both knees, and spent most of the past few days asleep in my bed, taking the strain off them. Visited the doc today, apparently I'm doing everything right, no way am I in line for a prosthetic knee as I'm way to young, and here, try some newer, stronger painkillers, and if those don't work we will switch to opiates. Tbh, I don't call switching to stronger and stronger painkillers much of a solution, and the flyer she handed me was for sports related knee injuries "that will go away if you don't train (so hard) for 2-3 months" . Yeah..... Well, I am referred to the hospital to have X-rays taken of both knees (and not my hip.....my right side hurts like a sob but is fully functional she says). I'm not sure what good X-rays will do other then present me with another health bill I can't really afford and show us something we could not see on previous X-rays either, which is damage to cartilage....but whatever, if this is the step I need to make to be referred again to a Orthopedic surgeon, fine. Waste of time, money and resources if you ask me but I don't make the rules.

So, with most of my time spent in bed, the challenge has suffered a bit. What can you do, nothing.


Day #9: nothing
Day#10: I've started 2 Hasegawa 88's



Cut out the mounts, added plasticcard and magnets,  added magnets to the mounts and reglued them, and found my 2nd hand 88 was missing a leg...so replaced that with a bit of plasticcard. Not perfect, but it does not need to be, I can camouflage it later.

Day #11 - I grabbed the box from the attic I need for the Guild Build and that was it for today. The new painkillers do squat diddly so I can't keep my focus. Maybe it will be better tomorrow but as I have the girls to take care off all day, in this state, chances are the forecast is 100% wrecked with a slight downpour of agony. Ah well.

Just to add insult to injury, I gave up drinking soda and any kind of fluids laced with sugar in it 2 days ago and I'm really cranky, but it is for the best I guess. I'm sleeping better already so that is a nice bonus. Kim has already given me the sunday afternoon off (she'll take the kids to her mum) so I can try and make up for lost time, either starting something new or finishing the bits that need work.

Take care and I'll be back soon.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Seems like you're having a lot of ups and downs lately.
    With a serious down at the moment.
    It will hopefully go better soon.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Okay, this is how it works: you pay them for listening to you, not to ignore you and make you jump through hoops. Ditch the doc and find one that *will* listen to you and will refer you to an orthopedic surgeon. Alternatively, go back to this one and simply tell them that you want a referral. Doesn't want to give it? Switch docs anyway.

    People forgot that GPs are still people providing a service. And if they don't provide what you need, shop around for one that will.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen